What is Google Apps?
Google Apps is a package of online tools that makes communicating and collaborating easier and more efficient. The cornerstone of Google Apps is Gmail, Google’s web-based email program, which integrates with Google Calendar, for coordinating schedules, and Google Docs, for creating and sharing documents. All of these services are hosted online, so email, documents, and calendars are always accessible from any computer.
- Gmail is Google’s web-based email program, which provides users with over 7 gigabytes of storage, fast Google search, and powerful spam protection.
- Google Calendar is a fast and simple online calendar application. It lets you see your whole schedule in context – you can easily share and connect your calendar with those of your co-workers, classmates, friends, and anyone else.
- Google Docs is an online application that lets you create and share documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Documents are automatically saved and stored online, so you never have to worry about losing an important document. Sharing a document is as easy as sending a link – no more keeping track of multiple email attachments!
- Google groups is a convenient way to send messages to frequently contacted groups of people. A group contains the email addresses of its members, so you can send a message to all the group’s members using the single address for the group. For example, groups can be departments, project teams, classes, office locations, special-interest groups, and more.
- Google Talk is a clean, easy-to-use application for instant messaging and voice calls using computers. Google Talk is integrated in the Gmail interface, so you can easily switch between chatting and emailing.
- Google Sites is an online application that makes creating a team website as easy as editing a document. With Google Sites, people can quickly gather a variety of information in one place—including videos, calendars, presentations, attachments, and text—and easily share it for viewing or editing with a small group, their entire organization, or the world.