The FileMaker Database Hosting service provides a central resource to host department databases with FileMaker Server 11 Advanced. Hosting databases on the central Filemaker server enables the campus community to access their own Filemaker database on a secure high performance server without spending thousands of dollars.
FileMaker Server 11 Advanced is compatible with FileMaker Pro 9.x, 10.x, and 11.x clients. FileMaker no longer supports FileMaker Pro 7.x and v8.x. The FileMaker website states the following:
“While FileMaker Pro 8.x/Pro 8.x Advanced and FileMaker Pro 7/Developer 7 have the same file format as later versions of FileMaker Pro, they are not supported by FileMaker Server 11 and FileMaker Server 11 Advanced due to product obsolescence.”
If your department still uses FileMaker Pro 7.x or 8.x with the central FileMaker server, please upgrade to the latest version of FileMaker Pro.
- Filemaker 11 Advanced server environment
- Instant Web Publishing extends your database solution to the web
- Custom Web Publishing with PHP enables PHP web applications to securely access Filemaker data
- SSL secure access for all files published on the web
- Encrypt all communications between FileMaker Pro clients and FileMaker Server using secure SSL encryption Firewall protection
- Scheduled automatic backups to protect against accidental data loss
- Additional backups performed by a central storage system
- Account Administration and Password recovery
- Ample disk space for your database(s)
For assistance hosting a Filemaker database please contact the IT Helpdesk.