The Biola Computer Store carries a full line of Apple computers, printers, software, cables, inks, toners, and a large variety of other computer supplies at very aggressive prices. A long relationship with Apple allows the Computer Store to sell Apple products at the lowest possible prices. The Biola Computer Store also carries a wide variety of software titles at prices up to 40% below retail. If you are considering the purchase of a computer or computer-related item, you will want to check with the Computer Store first. If you find a better price off-campus, let the staff know and they will try to beat it.
Website: www.computerstore.biola.edu. You can find our online catalog of many of the products we carry and their availability on this website. Note: the web contains a partial list of the products available. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone orders: 562-903-4884, or campus extension 4884.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; Saturday (during the semester), 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Staff discounts are usually 5% on all products in the store. Some exceptions may apply. Departmental discounts are usually 5%, except on serialized items (computers, monitors, and printers), which are purchased at cost.
Departmental Purchases and Billing
Please contact the I.T. Coordinator for all computer and software requests. All departmental purchases must be authorized by a person with signing authority on the account that is to be charged, for the amount of the purchase. That person must be present at the time of sale, and sign for the products, or they must authorize the purchase through an e-mail to the Computer Store. The authorization form used by the Biola Bookstore may also be used. Purchases in excess of $2,000 must have the approval of Biola’s Budget Administrator. An e-mail to the Budget Administrator by an authorized signer, giving all the particulars, is sufficient. All departmental purchases are billed to the department. A detailed receipt of the transaction is given to the person picking up the product. Computers, printers, and monitors are not picked up by the purchaser at the time of sale. Computer Support will pick up all computers, printers, and monitors for asset tagging and inventory reporting. Departments should contact Computer Support when requesting the setup and installation of the new equipment.
Methods of Payment
For your convenience, the Computer Store accepts cash, personal checks, cashier's checks, money orders, Biola Computer Store gift certificates, and credit cards including MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. All purchases by check require acceptable forms of identification. For purchases by check there is a mandatory 10-business day wait before the money can be refunded.
The complete Returns and Exchange Policy can be found on the website. What follows is a partial list.
- All clearance and/or promotional sales are final.
- All special order sales are final.
- All opened computer sales are final.
- Opened software that is not defective is non-returnable.
- Unopened accessories, software, and cables may be returned, within 30 days, for refund or exchange.
- Unopened computers, printers, monitors, and similar products may be returned, within seven days.
- Defective products may be returned, within the above return periods, for exchange only. Defective Apple computers and iPods, purchased at the Biola Computer Store can only be returned to an Apple store.
- Only products returned with the original packaging will be eligible for return.
- Items purchased by cash or check, in excess of $50, may require the issuance of a check request in lieu of cash at the register.
Due to limited space, the Computer Store does a high volume of special orders. If you can't find it, chances are we can order it for you. We work with many distributors to get you the best prices and fast delivery. Special orders require prepayment, and all sales are final.