Faculty and Staff Discount
Faculty and staff can purchase faculty and staff Flex Dollars at all retail locations on campus where Flex Dollars are accepted. You will be able to add Flex Dollars to your personal account at each register as a sales transaction. The minimum amount of Flex Dollars you may add to your card is $10. You will need a check, cash, credit/debit card and your ID card at the time of purchase, for us to add Flex Dollars to your card. You may then start using it right away. When you purchase food using points on your ID card, you will receive a 27% discount at the time of purchase.
All account charges of Flex Dollars for departmental cards will still have to go through the Café Office via telephone, e-mail, or walk-in. You will not be able to charge Flex Dollars to a departmental account at the cash registers. The Café has a fixed price for eat-all-you-like meals, while at all other food service areas you pay on an item(s)-purchased basis.
This rate is for departmental functions that have guests at Biola dine in the Café. Groups must have a department account number for billing. Dining arrangements need to be made one week in advance. Group rate is $.50 off of the door price.
Bon Appétit offers gift cards that will be able to track unused dollars to be in compliance with the laws governing gift certificates. These cards will be available for sale in the Café, Eagle’s Nest, Talon, and Common Grounds. The minimum purchase will be $10 per card and the card can be recharged to any amount after the original purchase.
Departments that want the $1 increments will have the ability to use them. Each department will have to print its own certificate with its account number for billing purposes. Bon Appétit must approve the certificate to ensure compliance, prior to distribution.
Hours of Operation*
- Monday - Thursday: Continuous Dining Daily 7 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday: Continuous Dining 7 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Dinner 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Brunch 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Dinner 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Continental Breakfast 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.; Lunch 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.; and Dinner 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 7:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- Sunday: 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Talon Grab & Go
- Monday - Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Friday : 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*Hours listed here are for operation during spring and fall semesters. Hours of operation change at different tines of the year, notably during Interterm (January), Easter Break, and the summer. Watch for notices in Inside Story and e-mail updates, or call Bon Appétit (ext. 4869) for current hours of operation.
Bon Appétit Catering Guidelines
Bon Appétit offers catering services for on campus departments at the following website: https://catering.cafebonappetit.com/biola/splash.htm
When you first use the website, you can establish your account and enter items such as your regular departmental billing account to be used when you request catering. If you encounter any problems in setting up and becoming familiar with this Bon Appétit site, contact the Catering Department at extension 5797 for assistance.
Bon Appétit also offers catering services for private and off campus events at the following website: https://bonappetitbiolacatering.catertrax.com
When you first use the website, you can establish your personal account. You will also be able to browse through menus. If you encounter any problems in setting up and becoming familiar with this site, please contact the Catering Department at extension 5797.
Times on Order Form
Setup time: It is always 15 minutes prior to the event time.
Event time: This is the time you would like the food in place and ready for service.
Break-down time: This is the time your event will be over and we can begin clean-up. Please note that a labor fee will apply if we are asked to come back at a time other than your noted breakdown time.
Ordering Time Frames
We prefer one full working week’s notice for orders off of our regular menu. There is a minimum of at least three days lead-time to be able to order via the Bon Appétit website. If you need to order with less notice than that, please contact Catering at extension 5797 and/or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also use e-mail when making any changes to an order.
We require two weeks’ notice for special request menus. We require 2 weeks’ notice for groups over 100 people.
Setup and Clean-up
Please note that we require 1½ hours for setup time and clean-up time for events involving china (served or buffet). Please request your room reservations/table set-ups accordingly.
We require 45 minutes setup and clean-up time for cookie/beverage setups so please request your room reservations/table setups accordingly. Please note that room reservations and table setup requests must be placed through Campus Coordination.
Please note that we require one hour of service time for meals that require table service. This one hour begins at the scheduled event start time. If you have a program, please email the itinerary to the catering office at: email@example.com.
We provide food based on your guaranteed number. If you have a number of guests that do not attend based on your guaranteed number, please alert the manager at the beginning of service if you would like those meals boxed up.
(Includes continental breakfast; all hot food buffets; and specialty buffets)
We provide plentiful, bountiful amounts based on your guaranteed number in order for the last guest through the buffet to receive the same selection as the first person. Please note that pricing is based on all the remaining food returning to Bon Appétit.
Hot Buffets with Service
We provide food based on your guaranteed number. If you have a number of guests that do not attend based on your guaranteed number, please alert the manager at the beginning of service if you would like those meals boxed up. If you require any additional meals boxed up beyond your guaranteed number, a charge per box will apply.
Items by the Dozen
Only items ordered by the dozen (cookies, pastries, brownies, etc.) or ordered by the piece (a la carte, hors d'oeuvres, etc.) are yours to take with you. This does not include continental breakfasts or buffets. To-go boxes can be purchased for $0.50 per box for left over items. Service items are not to be removed from the catering.
Bon Appétit Equipment
We will return at your stated end time to clean up your event. Please do not remove any of our catering items, as we require all of our equipment, serving utensils, plates, glasses, flowers, etc. for other events.
In arranging for catered events, attendance must be specified by noon, three (3) business days in advance of the event to allow ample time for the ordering process. This number will be your guarantee and will be considered your final count which is not subject to reduction. Increases to your guarantee after said date are subject to approval by the Catering Director and will incur service charges.
For events requiring service, please note that on evenings and weekends a labor fee of $12 per hour will apply if your event exceeds 1 hour. A labor fee will apply for any event if we are asked to come back at a time other than your stated end time for clean-up.
Bud Vases and Buffet Florals
Single stem bud vases are provided for guest tables with a lunch, specialty buffet, or entrée order. Large floral arrangements are provided for buffets. All floral arrangements provided by Bon Appétit for your event are the property of Bon Appétit and are to remain after the event unless client makes advance arrangements with Bon Appétit to purchase the floral arrangements. A service charge will be assessed and arrangements taken.
Linens are provided at no extra charge for food/beverage tables. Linens are provided for guest tables with specialty buffets or entrée orders. House colors are white or ivory tablecloths. If you require linens for additional tables, please order two weeks in advance.
- Round linens (85” x 85”) (for a round table or 2 rounds on an 8' table will give floor length coverage): $4 each
- Banquet linens (52" x 114"): $4 each
- Colored overlays: $4 each
- Napkins: $0.50 each
Questions that should be answered for every catering order
- Is the room reservation ample time for Catering to set-up prior to the event and clean up after the event?
- Have tables for food and beverages, buffets, "kitchen" areas been ordered? If you are unsure of how many to order, please contact the Catering Department at extension 5797.
- Have you indicated on your Catering Order the tables you have ordered or the diagram you have requested? (This helps the Catering Office to ensure the correct equipment is in line for your event.)
- Have you ordered any addition linens you need, i.e. registration table, guest tables, etc.?
- Have you sent the Catering Office the itinerary for your lunch, dinner, reception, etc.?
- Have you informed the Catering Office of ANY and ALL pertinent information regarding your event, i.e. food allergies, all day meeting, room booked before or after your event and it is a tight turn around, etc.? (We firmly believe the more information we have, the better we can service your event.)