The Biola ID card is a vital part of the campus security and identification system. The university issues all students, faculty, and staff an identification number. Auxiliary Services uses this number to create an electronically coded ID card. Departments wanting to use a departmental card may use the department's account number for the ID number.
The card is nontransferable, and may not be used by anyone other than the employee or student to whom it belongs. Employees are asked to surrender their ID cards when they leave Biola. There is no charge for an ID card; however, a $15 fee applies to all requests for replacement cards—lost or stolen—or if you want a different picture on the card. Proximity or HID cards, used in proximity readers, cost $20 to replace. Damaged or defective cards are replaced at no cost. If an employee loses his/her card, he/she should notify Auxiliary Services immediately so they can deactivate the card to prevent anyone from using it in a building reader or at a dining facility.
An employee’s Biola ID card will allow him/her to take advantage of the following campus services:
- Cashing personal checks and conducting department business at the Biola Cashier window ($200 limit).
- Purchasing meals at the discounted staff/faculty rate in the Eagle's Nest, Biola Café, the Talon, the Coffee Cart, or Common Grounds.
- Accessing secured buildings after hours. (If employees need this feature, their managers must ask Campus Safety to activate it on their cards).
- Checking books and other services out of the Biola Library.
- Admitting the employee and their immediate family (free of charge) to the Gym for regular season, home volleyball and basketball games. (In the event of league playoff games at Biola, faculty and staff will have to purchase tickets if they wish to attend those games).
- Receiving faculty/staff discount at the Biola Bookstore and Computer Store. (Show the card to the cashier prior to his/her entering the item(s) into the cash register).
- Receiving discounts from businesses in the area. (No comprehensive list of businesses offering discounts exists, as it would change continually).
- Using Biola's swimming pool. Check with the Aquatics Office at extension 5460 for current hours of operation, as they fluctuate throughout the year.
- Using Biola's Fitness Center. This service is free to faculty and staff members. Spouses of faculty/staff members may also use the Fitness Center facility for a fee. Contact the Fitness Center office at extension 5944 for rates and hours of operation.