Home School Water Polo Program
There are many reasons to join a sports team. Joining any athletic team is beneficial to the development of social skills, realizing the value of hard work, health and building self esteem. What makes Waterpolo special among other sports?
- For a full contact sport, waterpolo is extremely safe. Broken bones, knee, ankle and other impact driven injuries are rare. For example, in the whole league during the 2011 season, no concussions were recorded during a university study. Speaking with athletic trainers, this could possibly be due to players being connected to the water instead of land. Fluidity vs. unforgiving hard ground.
- Sports Illustrated ranks waterpolo second (only to ice hockey) as the sport requiring the highest level of physical conditioning. If you play waterpolo, you join the elite of the elite of athletes in the world in terms of conditioning.
- Waterpolo not only helps with physical conditioning but it also develops your basic eye hand coordination.
- Waterpolo is a team sport. Your skills at communicating and working with teammates will be enhanced and developed. Communication is tough for any team sport, waterpolo takes it a step further with the addition of water to the field of play.
- There is a reason the Olympic Stadium in Los Angeles has a waterpolo player's statue (Terry Schroeder, 1984 Olympic Holeman) out in front. It's because waterpolo makes you ripped. Most players notice their bodies toning and developing muscle, eg, 6 pack abs, soon after beginning our conditioning program. (It's hard work, but you will notice immediately that hard work pays off.)
- The waterpolo community is cohesive like no other sport. Team activities and support with academics is something special that you don't find in other sports.
- The list goes on...if you've read this far, I challenge you to try it out! Don't be intimidated or discouraged because of the work involved. Take the challenge and compare...you won't work this hard playing the mainstream sports, and you won't end up healthy and in as great of shape either....or with the kind of life long friends you will meet either.
Biola University 14 – 18 year old home school water polo program
Program will be broken into two programs J.V and Varsity
Where: Biola University Pool
When: Tuesdays/Thursdays 12:45pm-2:45pm
Cost: $45/month + Annual cost of $70 for USA water polo registration.
For more information Please contact :